Contour Threads are the only non-absorbable barbed suture product cleared by the US FDA for the elevation and fixation of midface, brow and neck areas. These specifically designed sutures are fashioned from clear polypropylene, a material that has been safely used in the body for many years in other medical products.
As the ageing process begins, the skin's connective tissue thins and collagen and elastic fibers begin to break down.
As a result, these changes in underlying support structures appear as sagging, deep creases, folds and wrinkles in the skin as early as your thirties. Now there is a simple new technique that makes it possible to rejuvenate and beautify your appearance. Patient selection is critical for a great result.
What are Contour Threads
Contour Threads are a patented self anchoring thread technology that permits a minimally invasive surgical approach for elevation and fixation of skin. Contour Threads are the only US FDA product cleared for market with current indications for elevation and fixation of midface, brow and neck.
Contour Threads are made from polypropylene, a material that has been used inside the human body as a suture material for decades. Contour Threads are designed with patented dimensional barbs that attach to the sub dermal tissue, lifting, suspending and fixating contour of the brow, midface and neck areas.
Contour Threads Advantage
- US FDA cleared for sale/CE marked
- Unique cog design scientifically designed for optimal lifting
- Anchors or Fixates to stationary fascia or tissue points
- Clear Polypropylene - will not be visible in light or thin skinned patients. Can reduce risk of damage if used with complimentary procedures (laser or RF technology)
- Swaged/Attached Needles to Suture Material-allows a closer ratio with tissue and barbs than standard introducer
- Longer Thread length allows greater control and ease of use
Patient And Procedural Benefits
(When compared to traditional surgical approaches)
- Minimally invasive approach with minimal scarring
- Reduced procedural and recovery time
- Patient satisfaction is more immediate
- No General Anesthesia - local anesthesia and sedation as required
TM - Surgical Supplies, USA
Thread lift has been a disappointing experience for the patients as well as the doctors. It is expensive and the results not predictable or satisfying to the patients. "Contour threads" manufactured by Surgical Supplies, USA (one of the only USFDA approved threads) has suspended its manufacture as communicated to us.
As of now we are not recommending it for reversing ageing changes.
So if you are looking to get a Contour Threads in India then your best option is Cosmetic Surgery Institute at India. You may visit our centers in Mumbai and Goa for a consultation on non-surgical procedures for Contour Threads Treatment by our expert cosmetic surgeons.